1.) Register for SafeStop's Bus Tracker Service
Select your child’s school, verify pertinent security information, and complete your registration at SafeStop’s dedicated and secure website.
- To get started, visit SafeStopApp.com and click “Sign Up Now.”
- Enter your home ZIP code and click “Check Availability.” Select your child’s school from the list of active schools and districts in your area.
- Enter all of the required information on the “Account Activation” registration form. For security purposes, you will be required to enter a School Code or Student Identification Number. If you do not have this information, please contact your school or district’s administration office.
- If your route information does not appear on the next screen, or if it is incorrect, you can use our Route Lookup function on the right side of the screen to find your child’s appropriate bus route. You also have the ability to add your child(ren) on this screen before clicking the “Complete Registration” button. You will receive a confirmation email once you have successfully registered.
2.) Download SafeStop to your Phone or Device
Get peace of mind and a new level of convenience right at your fingertips. Download the SafeStop app to your favorite mobile device and stay connected to your child’s bus.
- Download SafeStop from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Login with the credentials you used during registration.
3.) Customize your App
Add routes, select multiple stops, and view the expected times for your child’s bus.
- Your SafeStop dashboard will be empty when you first login.
- Select your child’s route from the available list. To add stops, click or tap the “+” button associated with each stop your child will use. Repeat this process for each stop that you would like to add to your account dashboard.
Please Note: For safety concerns and to prevent abuse of service, additional route/stop selections may be placed under review before becoming active within your account. Additionally, your school may limit the amount of routes available to you based on the routes/stops associated with your child(ren). If you believe this is incorrect, please contact your school/district administration. You may also reach us directly via email@example.com and we can work with you to approve changes to your account.
- You will be able to see the Scheduled Time for each added stop along with a Map View button. The Expected Time for arrivals will appear alongside the Scheduled Time once that route’s accuracy has been approved by your school/district’s transportation provider.
4.) Access Map View & Notifications
Real-time bus locator and notification center keep parents up-to-date throughout the day.
- In the Map View feature, your child’s bus location updates every 30 seconds to show the most accurate information related to the vehicle.
- A red pin is used to display your chosen stop. Beneath the map, you can see the Scheduled Time of arrival and Expected Time of arrival (when applicable).
- Access SafeStop’s Alerts & Messaging feature by tapping the message icon near the upper right corner. The icon will display the number of new messages received, which come from your school or district administration, or the transportation provider.
Still have Questions? Our Customer Support Team is here to help. Call us at